Do you remember your first email?

Welcome to GeezeZone!
This is a community dedicated to the discuss all things 90's and 2000's! Here we discuss and write about old tv shows, music, movies, games, toys, etc. Feel free to join to will be able to: comment on articles , join our events, and share your own memories! We'd love to hear them!
Join today!

TopDog

New Geeze
Mar 25, 2020
Remember when you got your first email? I remember my first email address was through Yahoo. Most of mine were with Yahoo back then. These days I use Google or Outlook. Anyway, do you remember the first email you ever made? I think it was like some crazy something or something. It's been so long. Well over 20 years.

Mine too was Yahoo and it's still my primary email address. That and an employer email address which went with the employer.

AOL probably, but I also used Yahoo at a later point, plus MSN, then Hotmail and AIM again, and then I started to use services like Google, where I pretty much use them exclusively now.

My first email provider is through MSN. I registered back in 2006 and have had to the same email account since. I have a few others through Mail.com and I don't really check those that much.

I got a Hotmail too at a later stage, but, It's kinda dormant, only used as MS ID. I use Gmail for my business ID which I got at a very later stage may early 2010's. My personal and primary is still my original Yahoo ID.

I remember my first email. A friend from a chatroom set it up for me.

It eventually got hacked by some horrible people who then used it on msn to fake being me and send messages to my friends list claiming I'd done things I hadn't.

• Sad
Reactions: Abizaga
I remember my first email. A friend from a chatroom set it up for me.

It eventually got hacked by some horrible people who then used it on msn to fake being me and send messages to my friends list claiming I'd done things I hadn't.
Damn... thats some scary stuff. You ever recover it?

I wonder how they got into your family computer...

They had my ip from a forum I joined that they administrated.

I didn't know they were bad people when I first joined their forum.

The whole reason they hacked me was ridiculous too. I basically pointed out they were the source of a thread breaking exploit on a major company forum. They didn't like me pointing them out as the culprits.

I remember a couple of my first yahoo emails. I don't remember what our email was for AOL back when AOL was a thing. Sadly I don't have access to any of the yahoo emails. I kind of wish I had access to them to see if I can even get in. I think eventually Yahoo cleared out a ton of emails since I haven't used those accounts. So If I were to get in, all the emails I had are probably gone.

The whole reason they hacked me was ridiculous too. I basically pointed out they were the source of a thread breaking exploit on a major company forum. They didn't like me pointing them out as the culprits.
That's messed up, I'm sorry to hear that happened to you.

My first email was with Yahoo but interestingly enough I remember being one of the first users to ever try out Gmail. This was back when you needed an invite to use Gmail. I remember trying very hard to get one and eventually did. However these days I keep my email with Yahoo as Gmail is far too slow for my liking.

It's Sad. Unfortunate of you to go through that. Need to be careful of such losers.