American Idol

Welcome to GeezeZone!
This is a community dedicated to the discuss all things 90's and 2000's! Here we discuss and write about old tv shows, music, movies, games, toys, etc. Feel free to join to will be able to: comment on articles , join our events, and share your own memories! We'd love to hear them!
Join today!

Vince

New Geeze
Mar 21, 2020
Who remembers watching American Idol? Who remembers when we got a kick out of watching horrible singers make a joke of themselves? I sure do. I used to love watching the first portion of American Idol, and then I'd drop out of the show during the actual competition portion.

Who here was a fan of American Idol?

None of this so called "Singing" shows are about singing. They are more Drama than Dramas. :mad:

None of this so called "Singing" shows are about singing. They are more Drama than Dramas. :mad:
They were, but these days they have cut out the bad auditions and only focus on the ones that go through. There's still the drama of course, but it's less about making fun of bad singers and more about showcasing good singers throughout.

I loved American Idol when they had the bad singers, especially when they threw fits because they couldn't believe they were bad. But I do agree, that it was probably bad in hindsight to make fun of these people. Looking back, it does feel a bit depressing.

Yeah, i too watched for the bad singers to get destroyed by the judges. Looking back, I don't know how people enjoyed it. It's kind of like the bum fights issue. It was hugely popular in the 2000s. I didn't like it much as a kid, but even as an adult I didn't like the poor treatment of the people in it. I kind of feel that way with American Idol, but to smaller extent.

I'll admit, I enjoyed the bad auditions, and I probably still would today, but only for the ones who are annoying jerks. Those are fun to watch crash and burn during their auditions.