Austin Powers (1997-2000): The Best Spy Action Comedy of the '90s

Welcome to GeezeZone!
This is a community dedicated to the discuss all things 90's and 2000's! Here we discuss and write about old tv shows, music, movies, games, toys, etc. Feel free to join to will be able to: comment on articles , join our events, and stuff.
Join today!
1630689941830.png
The (International man of Mystery) 1997 is an American spy action comedy film. It is one of the best series that I never get tired of watching. Like Mike Myers, who brought this brilliant idea of Austin Powers one fine night while he was on his way home from hockey practice, I heard about this film at the salon as two film buffs narrated trying to outweigh each other, proving to know more.

Listening to the two girls talk about the film was super interesting that I could hardly take my ears off the storyline.

What do you think I did after the salon? I went straight to the movie shops. Curiosity killed the Cut, but I was ready to experience this; there was no shortcut.

The characters in this film are the most amazing.

Austin Powers; International Man of Mystery released on 2nd May 1997;

Austin Powers; The Spy Who Shagged Me got released on 11th June 1999, and Austin Powers in Goldmember on 26TH July 2002. I was a grown teenager, so there was no harm in watching the film. Austin Powers is a hilarious movie appropriate for children aged ten years and above because the children are old enough to understand the humor. Furthermore, it has does not much sexual content.

All of us must watch the fantastic individuals that participated in Austin Powers!

Characters you must know in Austin Powers

By the time I was watching The Spy Who Shagged Me, I had a vivid description of the main characters in Austin Powers. Let do this!

Mini-Me
1630690066901.png
His real name is Verne Troyer, an American actor who was known to play the role of Mini-Me in Austin Powers. His hair was cartilage hypoplasia, 81 cm tall. Apart from being an actor at Austin Powers, which makes Mini-Me famous, he was a stunt performer and a YouTuber. Mini-Me being a dwarf at some point, appeared as an infant carried by Mike Myers on his chest using a sling.

Mini-me, in another scene, threatened to be eaten by another character because he always looked like a baby.is

Mini-me could not talk. He expressed himself by writing. He resembled Dr. Evil a lot, except that their height was vastly different. However, he was never afraid to use his middle finger whenever he wanted to insult anyone.

Though Mini-me was super tiny, he was a solid fighter which made him enjoy making another character, “Scott Evil,” life miserable.

Don’t you think this diminished other dwarfs out there? one of them acting like a baby and treated like one in Austin Powers? I think it did. The family of dwarfs must have felt disrespected and underestimated by the taller people.

In the film Austin Powers, the role of Mini-me was always showing him mistreated, like when Myers scrambled little Mini against a wall. Sadly, the dwarf family may not understand this as just acting by Mini-me. They should see the other side of the story where Mini-me was a hero at what he does.

Mini-me used his dwarfism to earn himself a life; either way, that is the way to go for all of us right

I would personally feel proud about one of our own there representing our community, and I would join them and do better and prove to the world that dwarfs are as clever and industrious just like any other normal human being

What do you think about these? Same as me?

Fat Bastard
1630690144802.png
In the second and third films of Austin Powers, we see him as a fictional character, an obese henchman from Scotland whose real name is Mike Myers.

In the film, he looked forward to defeating Austin and conquer the world. He shouts, “I hope my wire fighting team is ready,” then breaks the wire with his excessive weight.

He was well known for his bad temper and bad eating habits. Fat Bastard had incomparable strength and at one point exhibited his mastery in the Sumo ring.

Fat Bastard is rude and uses vulgar language.

You should by now be telling me Fat Bastard was the unsympathetic character threatening to eat Mini-me.

Ooh! Poor Mini-me, he was too small to be eaten by Fat Bastard. I tend to ask myself would he feel satisfied if he ate him? No, that stomach is super big that Mini-me could only be an appetizer.

He had an excellent appetite for small infants and dwarfs. He referred to dwarfs as ‘the other white meat”. Dr. Evil had tried to pay Fat Bastard’s services in exchange so that he can eat Mimi-me, but Fat Bastard refused.

“The dead sexy” his self-esteem is always at the pick. He believed that women find him irresistible.

Sexy is what led him to be taken advantage of by Felicity Shadwell when she in the line of duty slept with him unwillingly just to put a tracking device on him.

Later, he left employment with Dr. Evil and become a sumo wrestler in Japan. However, he somehow still does some unusual jobs for Dr. Evil. At last, Fat Bastard is seen to have lost a lot of weight, probably because of the subway diet but still has excessive skin. He, at some point, resembles his neck with a vagina.

Austin Powers
1630690274379.png

Photo Courtesy: Wikipedia
The man is the antagonist of Austin powers; The Spy Who Shagged Me, and Austin Powers in Goldmember. Portrayed by Mike Myers, and he attempts to adjust and the world from terrorism.

Austin Powers had an intense obsession with Shagging, and this is the man that would shag anything that is moving.
Whoops! The British spy Who outdid James Bond by shagging many women overnight. Do you know the type of men that perform best where there are women around them? Austin Powers was that type of man.

Apart from Marie Kensington, He had the best and sexiest females in every film, are you wondering like me? It seems he was attractive to the women as well.
Austin Powers is the main protagonist of the series Austin Powers.

He is inspired by;

• Jason King
  • Number 6 of The prisoner
  • James Bond
  • Matt Helm and many others.
Through his many attempts to prevent new plots by Dr. Evil, he met many different types of people and involved himself in fights which mostly got him into worthless situations.

Dr. Evil.
1630690435130.png
Dr. Evil is one of the other characters portrayed by Mike Myers in the Austin Powers series. He is a fictional character. He happens to be a parody of Ernst Stavro Blofeld and James Bond Villain though primarily.

He is a stubborn character that always wanted to take over the world by terrorism. Do we have such people in our communities today? Yes? What would life be without them? I think life will be boring as hell. Dr. Evil was one character that I would not miss or hear about in the film, which makes him essential in Austin Powers.

Dr. Evil has a kind of assistant called “Number Two” who leads in his Vitucon Industries. Number two, Mr. Biggleworth (His cat) and the “dwarf clone” (Mini-me) are always accompanying Dr. Evil.

This man seems to have standards as he temporarily became irresistible to a lesbian known as Frau Farbissina However, he kisses her in prison purposely for her to transfer a key to him so that he could escape.

In the film Austin Powers, we have many other fantastic characters that have contributed to the success of this parody series.
I am sure you will come across all of them by the end of the series but let me hint by listing them down. Here we go;

• Scott Evil – Was the biological son of Dr. Evil, real name is Seth Green.
  • Fook Mi, played by Diane Mizota, and Fook Yu portrayed by Carrie Ann Inaba – Were two twins, fictional characters.
  • Felicity Shagwell –Played by Heather Graham, a fictional character member of the CIA and female associate of Austin powers during the events of Austin Powers.
  • Basil Exposition – He portrayed Michael York and gave Austin various information and missions.
  • Nigel Powers - Father of Dr. Evil and Austin Powers, the fictional character who first appeared in Goldmember
The list is long; you have to discover the rest by yourself as you enjoy the series.

Brief Background of Austin Powers Films

• The North American film opened in 1997 in a sequence;
  • Austin Powers in 1997,
  • The Spy Who Shagged Me in 1999, and
  • Austin Powers in Goldmember in 2002
1630690870589.png
British Spy Austin Powers baffled an assassination attempt by his foe Dr. Evil at a nightclub in London, where Dr. Evil escapes after his intentions failed.
The storyline came up in the 1970s, which must have brought nostalgia to the people back then. Austin Power was partly born in the 1930s but frozen in the 1960s, where it finally resurrected in the 1990s.

It was created and written by Mike Myers and also the title character and as Dr. Evil.
The technique used in the film is a parody by creating famous scenes from other movies that inspired the writers.
The characters bring out comedic anecdotes that make the parody film fun to watch, making the series improve its way up to the third movie Goldmember.

So do you think Austin Powers will hold up?
After watching the series, you will agree that Austin Powers will hold up.

It contains very high levels of creativity and comedy, especially in the third movie, “Goldmember,” which left customers asking when the fourth part is coming up, as soon as this part is out, Austin powers will continue selling like never before.

Top Four lessons to learn from the Austin Powers film?

Honesty;

Honesty is a virtue that is always essential in our daily life, right?

Well, in Austin confessed to his Vanesa that he cheated with some “Italian Bird.” In this case, the bird is Alotta Fagina. He discloses how much Vanessa meant to him, unlike Allota. What he did is very important in life. It shows some respect for partners.

Confidence is key;
What do you think life is without confidence? No confidence, no life! Cause how do you leave without believing in yourself? We have to have faith in what we see in us every day. In the film, Fat Bastard brings out very well; he is aware of his unattractive big body but still believes women are attracted to him. If he had no confidence, he would not be in a position to bring the best out of himself.

Believe in whatever you think you can do;
From the 1930s when the idea of Austin Powers was born, was a long time till it was born in the 1990s, these called the creators of the film to be patient and believe in themselves that the film will one day be on the screen and not only that but a top-selling one.
Remember it was at some point frozen? The producers did not stop there because they believed they could do it, and they finally did it.

We can only appreciate their brilliant ideas in Austin Powers.

Be positive in life;
We can learn to be positive in lifelike Mini-me, who did not seem to care what people take dwarfs for but instead played his role perfectly and brought out the best of himself.
We remember him for that to date. Was he not a hero of himself and us? He was.

Final thoughts.

It is sad to notice 25 years have passed since the last time we saw Austin Powers on our screens.

The absence of this favorite series has left me and many others from back in the 90s without options, we went jumping from movie to movie with hopes to come across a series like Austin Powers, but I am still searching today.

Should we give up on Austin Powers coming to find us again?

No, we can’t! Because how can we forget some of our favorite characters? No way.

Until that day, we can only tell the sweet memories we have of Austin Powers.

What do you think?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Peterlight

Peterlight

New Geeze
Sep 24, 2020
Undisclosed
What a lovely article bomb... You really brought back the old days, it took me few hours to finish it cos I am busy.

Austin power was one of my favorite movie back in the 19s, I could remember waiting for the part two to come out for weeks not knowing it was out.

"He shouts, “I hope my wire fighting team is ready,” then breaks the wire with his excessive weight."

I love that part of the movie....

Reactions: Abizaga

Abizaga

Omega Geeze
Admin
Jul 13, 2019
What a lovely article bomb... You really brought back the old days, it took me few hours to finish it cos I am busy.

Austin power was one of my favorite movie back in the 19s, I could remember waiting for the part two to come out for weeks not knowing it was out.

"He shouts, “I hope my wire fighting team is ready,” then breaks the wire with his excessive weight."

I love that part of the movie....
I loved Auatin Powers haha. It was such a goofy flick and Mike Myers killed it!

Reactions: Peterlight

Peterlight

New Geeze
Sep 24, 2020
Undisclosed
I loved Auatin Powers haha. It was such a goofy flick and Mike Myers killed it!
Yes he did... Remember the scene, when he was in the tent with the lady while they were picking through some stuff from the tent, not knowing the tent was surrounded by the soldiers of Dr evil.

That part really did crack me up

• Haha
Reactions: Abizaga

Abizaga

Omega Geeze
Admin
Jul 13, 2019
Yes he did... Remember the scene, when he was in the tent with the lady while they were picking through some stuff from the tent, not knowing the tent was surrounded by the soldiers of Dr evil.

That part really did crack me up
Ahahaha yeah that was great!! Or the scene where he was driving the cart sideways in the hallway, trying to turn out!