Blade Runner

Welcome to GeezeZone!
This is a community dedicated to the discuss all things 90's and 2000's! Here we discuss and write about old tv shows, music, movies, games, toys, etc. Feel free to join to will be able to: comment on articles , join our events, and share your own memories! We'd love to hear them!
Join today!

Terminated

Active Geeze
Jun 23, 2020
Anyone ever seen Blade Runner? What did you think about it?

I honestly preferred Harrison Ford as Deckared, who hunts bionoid androids for a living than as Han Solo. I really felt the franchise was very interesting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grizzy{w}
I liked it alot.Just proved even more that starwars messed up.

lol I though it was funny how they purposely added the scene with the unicorn to jack with the audience. People kept thinking it meant something. No, Ridley Scott just wanted it in there ROFL. It was uncut footage, an Easter egg from Tom Cruise's Legend.

LOL troll-meme director move

lol yeah. Even news and media articles are still going off of the theory that the Unicorn scene meant he was a Nexus Replicant. Which is now moot because of Ridley sequel, Blade Runner 2049. But it's still funny to laugh at people who ACTUALLY believe that the Unicorn dream phase HAD A PURPOSE. It didn't. It was a super random scene Ridley threw in meant as an Easter egg from a previous film he worked on ROFL. Here's one example from an article.

For instance, in Ridley Scott's 1992 Director's Cut of the film, the filmmaker added in the famous “unicorn scene” dream sequence that appeared to confirm the Deckard-as-replicant speculation. Early in the film, Deckard dreams of a unicorn during a drunken reverie. Later, one of Deckard's fellow blade runners, a wigged-out dandy named Gaff (Edward James Olmos), leaves an origami unicorn for Deckard to find. This suggests that Gaff knows Deckard's memories, which means they're implanted, which means he's a 'bot.

Source: https://www.thrillist.com/entertainment/nation/original-blade-runner-origami-unicorn-scene-meaning

NOPE wrong there buddy, to the person who wrote the article. Ridley Scott actually has a small obsession for Unicorns. Which he wanted as his signature. So not only did he have them in Legend. He couldn't resist sticking one in Blade Runner lol. It was strongly implied that Deckard was human and that only humans working under law enforcement at that time in the first film were hunting down rogue replicants. Blade Runner 2049 even validated that Deckard was a human and that he had a child with a replicant. Eventually they allowed new model replicants like the Nexus 9 models in Blade Runner 2049 to retire the older model replicants because they were designed and programmed to deal with them easier.

Scott was still busy with Blade Runner, so he still had unicorns on the mind.

This article is all about Legend and it's connection to Ridley Scott and the first Blade Runner and why there is a clip of a Unicorn prancing around in the film. Not only that there was the origami reference. Which again was another Legend Easter Egg at the end of the film.

Last edited: