Captain Planet (1990 - 1996 ): Why This '90s TV Series Rocked!

Welcome to GeezeZone!
This is a community dedicated to the discuss all things 90's and 2000's! Here we discuss and write about old tv shows, music, movies, games, toys, etc. Feel free to join to will be able to: comment on articles , join our events, and stuff.
Join today!
1631286767160.png
Looking back at the '90s and the 2000s has never been fun! The nostalgia of the good old days will forever remain timeless. Have you ever thought of what life could be if you were taken back in the days knowing what you know now? How fun could that be? This reminded me of Captain Planet. It was one of the most talked-about shows back in the mid-90s. For a while, I thought that growing up with little knowledge of what our Planet is causing. Thanks to Captain planet, the TV show that came to enlighten me.

This TV show is the first one I will introduce to my kids. There is no way they will miss out on Captain Planet. Taking care of our Planet is taking care of ourselves and generations to come forever. That is what I thought. Thanks to the cast that brought up this show cause it's all we ever needed. Look at how love for the environment is brought out in Captain planet, Incredible.

I remember back in the day, Captain Planet run from 1990-1996. The show was talk of most parts of the world, Africa and many others. I always got inspired by the planeteers in the show, and I enjoyed watching young teenagers taking part in environmental care.

• What do you know about your environment?
  • What have you contributed to taking care of it?
  • Are you the Captain Pollution of your Earth?
Absolutely No! there is no way you can be.
How will you not love your environment after watching Captain Planet and the Planeteers? The usual methods of environmental care;

• Do not throw litter anywhere.
  • Use reusable containers.
  • Save water.
  • Do not cut down trees.
Be the hero that earth needed, empower the youth with environmental responsibility. Like Captain Planet, I think it's high time we stand up for environments free from pollution and excessive global warming.

Visit this movie from back in the 90s, at least in honour of earth and environmental day. You will not be disappointed because I just gave you the best American animated series that ever lived with us.

Let's take a little checking with the best characters here.

Captain Planet Characters: Heroes of Captain Planet.

1. Captain Pollution.

1631287008550.png
David Coburn played this character.

From his name "Captain pollution", we can tell he was not environmentally friendly; Dr Blight must have been ignorant to duplicate rings of planeteers to create the five rings of evil.

Thank God he never won on his wicked idea of destroying the world. We had Captain Planet as the complete opponent of Captain Pollution. Don't you wonder why Captain Pollution worked so hard to destroy the earth? I still don't find any legit reason even after watching the series several times.

He was just evil and destructive to a planet he stayed on as well. Captain Planet was right when he said the earth was in danger and he had to save it. Like many of us, we are worried about the situation of the environment in the next few decades.

Thanks to them that do everything to follow his steps because you are in the best direction.
Captain pollution was never a big problem in the eyes of Captain Planet and the five Planeteers! As soon as they got their rings back, they did everything in their power to save the Planet.

Being full of games, Captain Pollution Challenged Captain Planet with a match and used his 'game' to attacks to demolish an oil field. He diverted a train carrying toxic waste materials. Brutal Captain Pollution also tried to melt polar ice caps.

Both Captain Planet and Captain Pollution resemble each other, just that C- Pollution's skin is pale yellow and have brown lesions everywhere. His eyes are always red, and he styles his hair to make him look like he has horns, which gives him a complete look of a devil.

The world is round, and time was coming for Captain Pollution to face it rough. Captain Planet was preparing one good hit on him this time. Planet decided to play him a small trick as well. The game that sends him to hell once and for all.

Captain Planet tricked him into getting an underground chamber that is full of magma. This one killed him ultimately. Pollution was so silly not to get the meaning of Planet's final joke; 'Your show has been cancelled! I hope there are not any more reruns.'

Captain Planet
Planet has left the legacy of the series' Captain planet." The world is aware of the need to take care of the environment. Courtesy of captain Planet, who made sure that the youth has a solid foundation, is empowered, and have the necessary skills to save the world from toxic and careless people like Captain Pollution.
1631287123188.png

When you feel like you can't find the energy needed to take care of the Planet, combine the powers of the superhero Planet. Combine the power of water, wind, fire, earth, and the heart to get you the strength. There are many challenges, but we can fight if Captain Planet and his team of planeteers did.

It's a relief sign when I hear kids playing, and everyone wants to act as Captain Planet; this is a green light, right? If the kids understand the essential part of this series, then the world is saved for good. Let it sink in their mind that Captain Planet is their Idol, inspiration, and their leader.

The series "Captain Planet" targeted the youth because they are young, energetic, empowered and hold the future.
Do you think captain planet is an excellent series to watch?
Yes? Well, congratulations to you because you just saved yourself and your world. The goal of Captain planet was not necessarily to save the world. He was a symbol of unity to the young generation. Planet wanted to show us what kids can do when they come together to work as one.

The series Captain Planet has empowered the minds of youths with the help of Planet to utilize their abilities and awaken the power in their minds to help save the Planet.

Kwame

LeVar Burton plays the fictional character. He is the hero that bared the Earth ring and was the first planeteer to be introduced at Captain Planet. He prompts the first reaction before Captain planet takes action.
1631287169261.png
Kwame keeps the other planeteers calm whenever there is tension, like we see in episode "A Hero for the earth." Good at his work, he has a perfect way of restoring control to his teammates.

At first, I thought Kwame was the hope for the team until he started questioning his powers and for his team. When he asks Gaia what to do when their mighty powers failed to work, is that not a sign of giving up? To me, it sounds like that.

At some point in the series, Kwame loses faith in himself and could not believe he can make any difference. He finally gives up and goes to the extent of turning his back on the other planeteers.

The last thing you can do as an environmentalist is turning your back on your fellows. Holding hands together in this was necessary, but Kwame lost his temper this time for good and decided to leave the others. However, east or west home is always the best, and this reality bit him.

It seems Kwame realized that it was necessary to finish what he started and decided to come back just for the sake of a shoulder for his fellow planeteers. Coming back, he was different, and he came to help make reasonable decisions and give solace where needed.

We can only discover our interests and duties in life if we chase them like Kwame. On his way to collecting firewood, one day came across elephants brutally murdered by poachers and concluded that it's because the elephants had no trees to hide from enemies.

Kwame was disappointed, and this is where his role in Captain Planet comes in. He decided to curb deforestation and became a tree planter all along. Captain Planet is one series that we can learn a lot from the fantastic characters in it.

Be an explorer-like Kwame, who happened to be the first to discover his ring. Here is the same way we can find our interest and maintain and create a fabulous planet.

Duke Nukem
Nukem is a radioactive mutant and an Eco-Villain in this cartoon show. Duke misuses nuclear power and survives on toxic waste materials and radiation. A person that is a danger to their close friends can be a danger to the whole world.
1631287288422.png
Here is a reason why;

We see Leadsuit, Nukem's sidekick wearing a radioactive-blocking suit made of lead whenever he is around Nukem. Why? To protect himself from the radiation blasts from Nukem's hands. Duke is always a walking disaster; I call him dangerously radioactive.

Nukem plans to turn the world into a radioactive zone, making it favourable for him to thrive. Does he ever think about other people who are not radioactive like him? Probably not! His big plan is to change the people into mutants. That is is extreme selfishness!

Be the change that tomorrow generation will emulate. Being an enemy of the environment is being an enemy of the funs of Captain Planet. For instance, Captain Planet and his mighty team became great enemies of Duke when they realized how dangerous he was.
Moreover, Duke had to keep recharging his radiations to maintain his powers, and this kept him working hand in hand with Dr Bright. If Duke needed someone else to survive, then others also need him to be environmentally friendly. In our lives today, let's be human enough to keep our world clean for the sake of others in case you don't find it necessary.

A Brief Background History of Captain Planet
The TV show was created by Ted Turner, Robert Larkin, and Barbara Pyle. The original release happened on 15th September 1990 – 11th May 1996. The idea of these shows came out clear and natural and touched the world where it hurt.
1631286848201.png
Thanks to the producers who came to rescue our Planet through cartoons. Cartoons that fill our minds with inspiration, good ideas, and power. Gaia, the spirit of this world, could no longer take it. She could not stand the Planet drawn as she watched, with all the powers manifested in her.

At this point, she blesses the world with five different magical rings with different works through various characters to save the earth. One of the most exciting things I like about Captain Powers is the element of 'Heart". This element was used to find the youths from different parts of the globe to bring environmental destruction to an end.

This brilliant idea came to Gaia as a dream and saw women of different races, and her spirit at that moment was untangible. Characters/Holders of the Powers of Captain planet were;

• Power of Fire - Controlled by Wheeler
  • Power of Water – Controlled by Gi.
  • Power of Earth – Controlled by Kwame.
  • Power of Heart – Controlled by Ma-Ti.
  • Power of Wind – Controlled by Linka.
Among all the characters above are several others who have taken part in Captain Planet. The show 'Captain Planet' has five seasons but a million powerful things to emulate.

Conclusion
After this long talk about Captain planet, I hope someone is on the same page with me. Here is the show to suggest for our youths, family, friends and people from all over the globe. We must learn to take care of our Planet and do whatever it takes to keep it alive.

Do you have Eco-villains in your area? Reach them out and tell them about Captain Planet. I am sure with awareness of this TV show; it is enough to send a message home. You will not need to explain anything because Captain Planet, with his planeteers, has already done everything.

We have learnt through the years to take care of our globe with the help of 'Captain Planet.' We can relate every action in the show with our efforts towards the environment today. Therefore, we have seen there is no good in destroying our beautiful land.

What is your take on Captain Planet? Is it worth a reboot?