Do you still have your strategy guides?

Welcome to GeezeZone!
This is a community dedicated to the discuss all things 90's and 2000's! Here we discuss and write about old tv shows, music, movies, games, toys, etc. Feel free to join to will be able to: comment on articles , join our events, and share your own memories! We'd love to hear them!
Join today!

Lippy

New Geeze
May 1, 2020
I used to buy strategy guides for each game I'd get. I had a bookshelf full of them. I had to sell some a while back to make room for other gaming stuff, but I have the majority of my favorites still. Super Mario 64, Mortal Kombat 64, Hitman 2, Silent Hill 2, GTA 3, Vice City and SA, and bunch more. What about you?

Reactions: Grizzy{w}
I have a few of them still. My main one is for Skyrim, the rest are stacked in a chest somewhere in my closet. I also have some old gaming mags along with them that I've kept. I'll never get rid of them.

The sacred texts! To be conserved and cherished!

Almost all of these games had fan made guides online when they were new. But I agree there is something special about having a real physical guide book.

I never really got many growing up. I mostly had to guess what to do in most games, and often times, I didn't even have a strategy guide. I had a strategy guide for San Andreas, but I stole that from a classmate of mine one year when he let me borrow it. I don't know if I even still have it. It was in pretty rough shape, so I don't think he really cared.

iu

I wish I did. I was a huge fan of strategy guides. The only guides I have laying around are GTA San Andreas and the GTAV guide. I had some old Madden guides but I threw those away last year or something.

I have a few strategy guides myself. I own two different Turok 2 strategy guides and funny enough I used them about 3 years ago to help me get through The Hive of the Mantids. I ended up using both of them, since the one I got when I was 13 didn't go into specific details on where I was stuck so I grabbed my Brady Games guide that I got about five years ago and it helped. xD My wife has a few strategy guides too, one for FF7 Crisis Core, KH 1 and 2, and Crash Bandicoot Warped. I also have a Pokemon yellow strategy guide and a Sonic Adventure DX one too.