Ernest movies

Welcome to GeezeZone!
This is a community dedicated to the discuss all things 90's and 2000's! Here we discuss and write about old tv shows, music, movies, games, toys, etc. Feel free to join to will be able to: comment on articles , join our events, and share your own memories! We'd love to hear them!
Join today!

Buff

New Geeze
Apr 20, 2020
Anyone here a fan of the Ernest movies? Like Ernest Scared Straight, Ernest goes to School, Goes to camp, Goes to Jail, Saves Christmas, etc. There was a ton of Ernest movies back in the 80s and 90s. Sadly Jim Varney died in 2000, so we don't know how long he would have played the character of Ernest. I bet if alive, he'd still be doing the Ernest character.

Anyway, what is your favorite film of his? I can't say for certain, but I think Goes to Camp is my favorite. I haven't watched his movies in a long time though, so I can't 100% say for sure which one is my favorite. It also doesn't help that he's done a lot of Ernest films.

I never saw them but Jim Varney was a geniunely great actor and the world would be different without him.

I can only take Ernest in small doses. I have never sat through an entire film of his.
Yeah I can understand that. He at times could be very annoying. I still enjoyed some of his movies, but I think they went a little overboard with the amount of Ernest movies they did. He has 9 movies from what I see. That's not counting other appearances and acts he has done as Ernest though.

I'm 50/50 on the guy. He had some good moments with his Ernest films, but I will always remember him and slinky dog in Toy Story. He died too young I think. He could have been the next Leslie Nielson in a way.