Ever go to Disneyland or Disney World?

Terminated

Geeze
Jun 23, 2020
You guys are lucky. I wish I got to go to Disney land or Disney world. :(
I like Silver Dollar City better. It's in Branson, Missouri which is about 2 and half hours away from where I live. I mean, it's not Disney. But it's got a lot of rides and restaurants. Great place to take your family.

Reactions: Abizaga

Harry

Super Geeze
Apr 15, 2020
Me too never been to any of the Disney Parks! :( Should be a great experience if and when I finally do.

Abizaga

Omega Geeze
Admin
Jul 13, 2019
I like Silver Dollar City better. It's in Branson, Missouri which is about 2 and half hours away from where I live. I mean, it's not Disney. But it's got a lot of rides and restaurants. Great place to take your family.
Silver Dollar City? I don't know if I would ever get a chance to visit since no car... and also I'm a few states out :(

Terminated

Geeze
Jun 23, 2020
Silver Dollar City? I don't know if I would ever get a chance to visit since no car... and also I'm a few states out :(
Yeah. It's sad because I've never taken my kids to Disney World, especially when me and my ex wife lived in Panama City, Florida. I've wanted to. They've been Silver Dollar City a few time which I think is a great alternative to Disney. But.....well....I'm sure there are people who would disagree. Because it's Disney you know?

Abizaga

Omega Geeze
Admin
Jul 13, 2019
I'm not going to disagree. I haven't been there so it wouldn't really be fair to Silver Dollar. Disney IS a hard act to follow up on though.

Terminated

Geeze
Jun 23, 2020
I'm not going to disagree. I haven't been there so it wouldn't really be fair to Silver Dollar. Disney IS a hard act to follow up on though.
Yeah it's pretty expensive. Based on (x) amount of days you're going and how many kids you have. You could easily sink a thousand dollars into going. Say if you wanted to go on vacation and spend the whole week there.......crap.....that's a lot of cheese for one place.

Terminated

Geeze
Jun 23, 2020
How costy was Silver Dollar to go to? Probably way the hell cheaper, right?
A lot cheaper than Disney, I can tell you that much. They sell season passes. Their most expensive one is 250 dollars for the whole year. Which is $21.75 a month. But you can just buy the whole package and not do payments. They have cheaper season passes. I prefer doing that over Disney World.

Abizaga

Omega Geeze
Admin
Jul 13, 2019
Dayum thats actually not too bad.It would still probably be a bit too costy for me nowadays for a season pass haha. I can barely afford the Ren Fest!

Terminated

Geeze
Jun 23, 2020
Dayum thats actually not too bad.It would still probably be a bit too costy for me nowadays for a season pass haha. I can barely afford the Ren Fest!
Never been to a Renaissance Fair. If they have legit brothels without the worry of VD and STD's. I'll definitely go.

Abizaga

Omega Geeze
Admin
Jul 13, 2019
Haha say no they're way more PG than than but there ia alot of people walking around in coatume and carrying swords and stuff which is really cool.

Hungry Ego

New Geeze
Jul 29, 2020
I've been to Disney World twice in my life. Long live Space Mountain!

Last time I was there though, they were adding more lights into space mountain. Not really sure why because the thrill of that ride was that it was a roller coaster in pitch black. My Mom (who is afraid of heights) had no problem with this roller coaster because she couldn't see how high up she was. We could ride that roller coaster over and over again.

Abizaga

Omega Geeze
Admin
Jul 13, 2019
I started watching a documentary called Jasper Mall (2020) but i started it too late and fell asleep and dont remember anything except the older security guard at the beginning. lol. I will rewatch it...its about a dying mall.
Where is the mall in the documentary located at?

When my daughter was 7 we took her to Disney World and I had read up on some forums on all the good tips for an expensive yet fun trip. It was excellent and we went at Halloween time and they did trick-or-treating down by the resort pool so my daughter didn't even miss out!

We still had valid passes when our daughter graduated college and as part of her graduation gift we returned to Disney World and used up the rest of those entry passes and I'm so glad we kept them because it saved us mega bucks. Her friend worked there and got us a suite at a good price so we saved even more money.

The thing is that unless you have kids you might not find it very fun in some areas. My husband and I kept returning every day to Disney Springs which is were more of the adults would hang out.