LimeWire

LimeWire was the rage for file sharing. At one time the download came with spyware called LimeShop. Did anyone here use LimeWire?

Unfortunately LimeWire lost a battle with the music industry for copyright infringement. Statistics claim LimeWire was responsible for 80% of illegally downloaded music. Did you partake? LOL I won't tell!

Reactions: Grizzy{w}

Terminated

Active Geeze
Jun 23, 2020
Yeah, it wasn't good for your computer back when it was operable and legal. Because not only were you getting free movies and music. You were also downloading all sorts of malware onto your computer. I can't tell you how many trojan horses and spyware were being loaded up on my computer disguised as a song. It crashed my laptop and someone hacked my computer and deleted the Windows XP OS on it. I'd say anything remotely like Limewire should be avoided. Not to mention it's illegal now.

Abizaga

Omega Geeze
Admin
Jul 13, 2019
Yeah, it wasn't good for your computer back when it was operable and legal. Because not only were you getting free movies and music. You were also downloading all sorts of malware onto your computer. I can't tell you how many trojan horses and spyware were being loaded up on my computer disguised as a song. It crashed my laptop and someone hacked my computer and deleted the Windows XP OS on it. I'd say anything remotely like Limewire should be avoided. Not to mention it's illegal now.
I remember they used to make .exe files LOOK like txt, jpg, mp3 etc files cleverly to get people to install them, lol.