Mario Kart Wii Review – Nintendo Wii

Welcome to GeezeZone!
This is a community dedicated to the discuss all things 90's and 2000's! Here we discuss and write about old tv shows, music, movies, games, toys, etc. Feel free to join to will be able to: comment on articles , join our events, and stuff.
Join today!
Mario Kart Wii
Reviewed by Alexander Money

Publisher: Nintendo
Developer: Nintendo
Niche: Racing
Series: Mario Kart
Launched: April 11, 2008 (UK)
Age Rating: 3+
Console: Wii
71nP53cjs7L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Review:

At the time when this game was released, I was 6-7 years of age, and Mario Kart was one of the titles which kick-started my hobby as a gamer. After spending countless hours playing, I realized this is the best racing title I will ever play. Players of all ages, ability levels, and identities will enjoy this series because of the pure happiness and anticipation it delivers.

It has been more than 20 years following the start of Mario Kart's Nintendo Wii release, and the game is still going high. Ask players which characters they like, and you'll receive as many conflicting responses as there are many gamer styles. Mario Kart's key feature is the Grand Prix stage, and in this edition matches you among Eleven different artificial intelligence bots in a decisive showdown of a four-course cup game.

Time Trial method allows the user to set high personal scores for a sequence of races. It's always been annoying and somewhat dull, as players are only competing against themselves. However, players can store their statistics and give them to their mates or even challenge the rest of the gaming community around the world. This is an added element of excitement, and gamers will quickly walk away from trying to beat their level.

And again, even Nintendo players would accept that Racing titles have breath-taking single-player and enjoyable multi-player modes. Multi-player isn't for everyone, and some of us would prefer to play Split-Screen if they are only playing with close friends or family. Of course, this would make more sense. Nintendo offers this feature to its consumers.
mariokartwii_28a.jpg

For me, I can't express my feelings enough towards the online part. It's immaculate. I noticed there was no lag at all, and I was immediately connected to players worldwide. The very few occasions I had to wait was when I began the game since the players I entered were already in a race together. Rather than showing me a blank page to glare at, I was encouraged to spectate others and toggle between them and see what their tactics were.

The controls in Mario Kart Wii are fantastic! If you haven't already learned, Mario Kart helps you to pick from nearly any controller believable. Individuals can choose the Wii Remote itself, the Wheel, or the Nunchuk unit. Nintendo has enough selection for all types of gamers that there's something for everyone to choose from. This was a great feeling for me when I first heard that Mario Kart is going to offer multiple ways of controlling the game.

Summary: Overall Rating: 9/10

I never imagined I would even feel like saying this, but Mario Kart is the Nintendo Wii flagship game. Thank you for taking the time to read another one of my Game Reviews today and hope you enjoyed the 2000's nostalgia. Have you ever played on the Nintendo Wii? Share your thoughts on Mario Kart, is this a title you would want to re-visit anytime soon? So, tell us, what was your favorite Mario Kart character to choose when playing? Mine was Luigi.

Please expect another Blog Post on the topic of 1990's/2000's entertainment by Sunday, September 6.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Abizaga

Abizaga

Omega Geeze
Admin
Jul 13, 2019
Its funny I don't recall if I played it on Wii. I played on SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii-U and Switch. Great article!

Grizzy{w}

Ultra Geeze
Aug 11, 2020
Mario kart 64 This was the game EVERYONE had to get good at jr high/highschool its became THE game you played at every open house you chilled at....bowser for life!! that was my rider!! spikes would mess up all the other players bigtime! But sadly i gotta say i never got a chance to play the wii version )=

Abizaga

Omega Geeze
Admin
Jul 13, 2019
Mario kart 64 This was the game EVERYONE had to get good at jr high/highschool its became THE game you played at every open house you chilled at....bowser for life!! that was my rider!! spikes would mess up all the other players bigtime! But sadly i gotta say i never got a chance to play the wii version )=
So many good times on Mario Kart. I used to play it with @Bhermies all the time when we were kids kn n64 and especially SNES.