Nirvana

Welcome to GeezeZone!
This is a community dedicated to the discuss all things 90's and 2000's! Here we discuss and write about old tv shows, music, movies, games, toys, etc. Feel free to join to will be able to: comment on articles , join our events, and share your own memories! We'd love to hear them!
Join today!

Vince

New Geeze
Mar 21, 2020
Any fans of Nirvana? I liked them growing up, but I kind of grew out of their music. It's probably due to my constant listening to all of their albums. I've heard them all a little too much, to the point that I can't listen to most of their music these days.

But, I still have a fond respect for the band, they were one of my favorites. Maybe if I take a break for many more years, I will be able to revisit their music with fresh ears.

Though their music was Good but not that Great. But, it was revolutionary at the time. They changed the music contemporary scene when they arrived.

When they came out, the sound was so, just, different from everything else people had been listening to, it changed everything. and people loved it.

Grew up with their music as well. I still find myself coming back to their music every so often. I was never a huge fan of them, but I always enjoyed the music they put out before Cobain's death.

Love his music, such a waste of talent will always have fond memories.
I know right? Imagine how far he would have come if he continued to today. Nirvana will always be an exclusively 90's thing though and I have good memories listening to then growing up.

Reactions: Brad P
I do wonder how Nirvana would be if Kurt as still with us. My theory is that they would have eventually split up. I heard it was rough around the time of his death, so who knows for sure if they would have lasted much longer.

But, it would have been cool to see them in concert one day. Maybe in another dimension, this never happened, and Nirvana is still making music.

It's rare to find a band which transcends decades. It is highly likely that Nirvana would have split and probably not much after Kurt took his own life. I also have to consider that Foo Fighters are one of my favourite bands and seeing them live one of my most treasured experiences. If this hadn't happened would Grohl still be drummer for Nirvana? No Foos? Yikes!