What was your first mobile/cell phone?

Welcome to GeezeZone!
This is a community dedicated to the discuss all things 90's and 2000's! Here we discuss and write about old tv shows, music, movies, games, toys, etc. Feel free to join to will be able to: comment on articles , join our events, and share your own memories! We'd love to hear them!
Join today!

alsarcastic

New Geeze
Jun 21, 2020
strategygaming.net
..and what did you like about it?

I had a Nokia 3210 when it was first released. Could store 10 text messages of ONLY 140 characters and would not connect to the internet )which was in it's infancy back then.

What was yours?
nokia3210.jpg

Ah man I don't remember what the model of it was all I remember that it was a flip phone and I got it around high school but I pretty much never used it. The first one I remember was a blackberry in like 2009 when I graduated high school. The thing blew my damn mind at the time because it was the first 3g phone I ever used and bring able to go on my sites anywhere was immense to me at the time.

This One...

motorola_w210.jpg

Incidentally I never used Nokia phones!

Yes. Buttons are too small too. But, I have used worse. Would you believe I have used this ? too for a better part of a year! :cry:

f3.jpg

I still have both of them in working condition with me. Could have posted live images, But Just lazy to look for them.

Reactions: Abizaga
First mobile phone I ever owned was one of those Motorola flip phones. Almost like the one below. We didn't get mobile phones until later on, mostly around the time flip phones became popular.

05943bd0-2d9b-0133-5b20-0aecee5a8273.JPG

Reactions: Abizaga
Yes. Buttons are too small too. But, I have used worse. Would you believe I have used this ? too for a better part of a year! :cry:

f3.jpg

I still have both of them in working condition with me. Could have posted live images, But Just lazy to look for them.
At least you didn't use blackberry lol the keyboard on that was even smaller!

I like how its only slightly smaller than the lg g4 so it just fits a bit better in the pocket.

I forgot what kind of phone I had. My parents had a car phone for the longest time. My first phone was one of those pay as you go tracphones. I hated it, but I liked that I had my first phone.

I can't remember the model. But it was way back in 2005 and I was just barely 17 and very lacking in taking accountability for much of anything. My mom put me on her plan. She went through US Cellular. I had no clue about how the charges and fines worked. But lets just say that I went over my minute limit and ran up a hefty bill on my mother's account resulting in her taking the phone away.

..and what did you like about it?

I had a Nokia 3210 when it was first released. Could store 10 text messages of ONLY 140 characters and would not connect to the internet )which was in it's infancy back then.

What was yours?
View attachment 94
This was very similar to my first phone. My parents gave it to me when I entered High School, it was a Jr. High Grad gift, and was actually my dad's old cell phone (he had recently gotten a new one) and decided to give it to me as a hand me down. I didn't care though, I loved that thing. The battery lasted for days and it was INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Good old pay as you go. Ended up costing me a small fortune because texting was hella expensive back then.