Reviewing the Xbox 360 (2005)

Welcome to GeezeZone!
This is a community dedicated to the discuss all things 90's and 2000's! Here we discuss and write about old tv shows, music, movies, games, toys, etc. Feel free to join to will be able to: comment on articles , join our events, and share your own memories! We'd love to hear them!
Join today!
Title: Reviewing the Xbox 360 (2005)
Name: Alexander Money

Welcome to this week's article. Today we are taking a rollercoaster back in time to the 2000 decade. Cast your mind back to 2005, when the Xbox 360 was first being sold. I'm writing a full comprehensive review of this console. As most of you are aware, I have a real passion for video gaming, and the Xbox 360 250GB was the one and the only console I grew up in my childhood. Enough intro, now let's dig in? Shall we?

First of all, let's look at the perks of the Xbox 360. Don't worry, this isn't the end of the article. It's barely the beggining. I will talk through three of the perks, and three of the cons below. Xbox One Backward Compatible Game Library - Fancy a upgrade and don't want to spend out on anymore video games? No problem.

Perks:

• Xbox One Backward Compatible Game Library - Fancy a upgrade and don't want to spend out on anymore video games? No problem. Microsoft announced that all exisiting 360 title will become compatible with the Xbox One, which was released in 2013. This saves us gamers a lot of money!

• An outstanding, diverse library of games - Now that it is many years old, there is a massive, credible game library on the Xbox 360. It started out better than PlayStation 3, but now the two systems are the same, with almost all of the same big releases including Batman : Arkham City, The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, Assassin Creed and many more classic titles.
  • Powerful online gaming - In an almost hassle-free way, Xbox Live supports online multiplayer gaming. All you have to do after the signup phase is jump into your favourite game, login to the service, and you're done. A diverse array of free downloads, from music videos to movie trailers to demos of upcoming games, are also supported by Microsoft. Please note, for online gaming you will require an Xbox Live Membership which currently costs £39.99 as of 05/10/2020.
Unfortunately, there are some cons to the platform, but they don't affect your gaming experience. Most of the features which are impacted, are cosmetic so you don't have to worry about playing your favourite video games.

Drawbacks: HNKT2_AV1.jpg
  1. Loud Noises coming from the Xbox - The console is very noisy when it's switched on, so if you're watching a film, you might hear a spinning sound. Cranking up the volume might just be the simple solution.

1. The power supply is bulky - The battery really is the thickness of a brick, so you'll need to find a nice hiding place for its unattractive appearance while the console can look sleek and stylish. In addition, the "brick" should not be crammed into a small space or else it could heat up and possibly cause a fire.

1. Blu-ray is also unavailable - I don't know about you but I'm not sure how many people still use DVD's these days. One of the biggest drawbacks is that this feature isn't supported by the Xbox 360. Blu-ray allows pictures & pixels to be displayed in 1080p, which is HD. HD stands for high-definition.

Summary:

Thank you for taking the time to read my review on the Xbox 360 and I hope this has brought back some memories of playing computer games in the early era. This article defintely shows how fast technology has evolved over the years. We support not only HD, but 4k gaming to? It's madness.

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:
So many good times with this console! I remember spending sooo much timrs playing the gears games and having a collection of demos I'd play for yucks!

Reactions: Grizzy{w}
Thank you for the payment I will update the attachment tomorrow when I’m on my pc

OH YEAH gears of war was boss too
Dude, I actually have one of the amazon exclusive Lancer assault rifles that came out around when Gears 2 released!
full

I absolutely LOVE the Xbox 360. Originally purchased the console for Mass Effect alone (one of my top games of all time). Got one in college, and instantly became a fan of the Xbox ecosystem. :)

I absolutely LOVE the Xbox 360. Originally purchased the console for Mass Effect alone (one of my top games of all time). Got one in college, and instantly became a fan of the Xbox ecosystem. :)
My old roomate played Mass Effect a TON! looks like a really fun game but it might have been hard for me to get used to personally. :p

I was privileged to buy Xbox 360 back in near 28 I played a series of games on it I can remember my favourite was a low I played halo 1 and 2 then I moved on too quake4...those games were the best then

I was privileged to buy Xbox 360 back in near 28 I played a series of games on it I can remember my favourite was a low I played halo 1 and 2 then I moved on too quake4...those games were the best then
Aww man! I wish I got to experience the quake games. I could now, but it wouldn't be quite the same.

Aww man! I wish I got to experience the quake games. I could now, but it wouldn't be quite the same.
It would be..you get to kill slot of alien shoulders from the planet you crashed in and I can remember i was turn into an alien let me say upgraded but the game is exciting..you get to right flying bikes...you get to use cool guns...you will see a lot blood...

It would be..you get to kill slot of alien shoulders from the planet you crashed in and I can remember i was turn into an alien let me say upgraded but the game is exciting..you get to right flying bikes...you get to use cool guns...you will see a lot blood...
Is the multiplayer still active on it?