What do you remember the most about ICQ, MSN and AIM messenger?

Welcome to GeezeZone!
This is a community dedicated to the discuss all things 90's and 2000's! Here we discuss and write about old tv shows, music, movies, games, toys, etc. Feel free to join to will be able to: comment on articles , join our events, and share your own memories! We'd love to hear them!
Join today!
yeah the chatrooms. ICQ I mainly remember because a group of friends at a forum started their own little chat room. Didn't really use it much, but I remember your username was just numbers. Wasn't a fan of that.

MSN and AIM i used to have a chat client that allowed me to sign into both of them. Including yahoo and other chat services.

Reactions: Grizzy{w}
ICQ was my first messenger, it was pretty cool to connect with my family in Europe. I remember that black screen and also the real time writer.

Reactions: Grizzy{w}
MSN messenger was the thing for me back in the days. Setting the status on MSN messenger meant everything! It was a social status symbol. Everyone from school would login to MSN right after school, they would set their status to available, busy etc. It was massive for me back in the school days.

MSN messenger was the thing for me back in the days. Setting the status on MSN messenger meant everything! It was a social status symbol. Everyone from school would login to MSN right after school, they would set their status to available, busy etc. It was massive for me back in the school days.
MSN was cool. I liked how it looked.

Remember Trillian? Where it would connect to like all the IM services with one big contact list? It was awesome! I also had a Yahoo e-mail group at one time. :D

I never used Yahoo chatrooms. I always preferred forums and IM chat.
Trillian... that sounds wierdly familiar but I don't think I tried it.

Yeah I did when I was a dumbass kid lo. Didn't really make friends.

Trillian... that sounds wierdly familiar but I don't think I tried it.

Yeah I did when I was a dumbass kid lo. Didn't really make friends.

Spit Take Lol GIF by Justin