You guys remember Pogs?

Welcome to GeezeZone!
This is a community dedicated to the discuss all things 90's and 2000's! Here we discuss and write about old tv shows, music, movies, games, toys, etc. Feel free to join to will be able to: comment on articles , join our events, and share your own memories! We'd love to hear them!
Join today!

BeefBoy

New Geeze
Mar 22, 2020
Pogs were these little disc things you could collect. It was part of a game you could play, but I mostly just collected them. I used to have a bunch of them, but I think I ended up giving them away to a friend, or trading them for something else. Kind of wish I still had them, as I kind of liked pogs.

Pogs_01-780x510.jpg

Reactions: Brad P
I do! God its been forever. Wasn't there a game that went along with those?
I believe so. My sister used to play it, but I just collected them. Had a lot of Nickelodeon themed ones. I think Etsy has a few shops selling a bunch of these. I'm kind of tempted to buy some and build my collection again. Maybe I can make an art piece with them out of resin or something. That'd be cool. :)

Yeah, I think it was something about piling them up and trying to knock the piles down or something. I really don't recall exactly how it works.

Pogs were these little disc things you could collect. It was part of a game you could play, but I mostly just collected them. I used to have a bunch of them, but I think I ended up giving them away to a friend, or trading them for something else. Kind of wish I still had them, as I kind of liked pogs.

Pogs_01-780x510.jpg
This brings back some old memories. Used to do a lot of swaps at school and the occasional cash trade;)

They were originally called Milk Caps. The name POG is brand name of a juice made of passion fruit, orange, and guava.

Pogs are also known as SkyCaps, Hero Caps, Flipper Caps, Pog Slammers, Fun Caps, Tazo, Chupa Caps, Coca Cola Caps, Wrestling Caps.

The game was very popular in it's time. A lot of variants were there. One similar was Bubble Gum Cards.

Reactions: Brad P
I used to actually collect those! I still have a Basketball Jersey card I got from a pack of Bazooka!

I had a small collection of them. I don't recall what happened to them though. I either gave them to one of my nieces or I lost them somehow.

I'll have to go searching for them I suppose.

I had heard a story of a boy who had limited resources and couldn't gather many in demand pogs. What he dioes is he scratches off front of his pogs to plain white. Nobody else seems to have the white ones and he becomes cool dude.

Whether right/believable or not, the story speaks of innovation, entrepreneurship and out of the box thinking.

When I was a kid I got some for Christmas from a distant relative. I had no clue what they were and what to do with them. They sat in my closet for a few years before my parents tossed them out lol. Oh well.

I had this machine that would cut anything into perfect pog's from the toy store .worked really well with trading cards :)